Sunday, August 23, 2009

first day

first day of school 09-1

Ahhh… the first day of school.

The excitement.

The nerves.

No sleeping in.

First day to get back on a schedule.

And that’s just me.

I took a whole slew of darling first day photos. Unfortunately I took them without a CF card in the camera. By the time I realized my mistake, we were running the risk of a dreaded tardy. I grabbed my other camera and snapped some pictures in the car. Paige and Gabriel hurriedly got to their classes and not a tear was shed. Not. One. Hoo. Ray!

first day of school 091-2

Taylor was able to move at a more leisurely pace than his siblings. He’s a big junior high school student this year and school doesn’t start for him until 9 o’clock.

He barely showed any nerves. He went was armed with his schedule, a map of the school, a lunch, and and cool attitude. We attended the orientation the day before, so he’d done a bit of a “dress rehearsal” already (meeting the teachers and walking his route).

I drove Taylor and his friend to school for the first day. I thought briefly about making a tiny scene by sticking my head out the window, waving goodbye, and taking pictures – but good sense took hold and I settled for snapping a couple from the car. Ahhh, my junior high boy… I remember my first day of 7th grade like it was yesterday.

2 comments:

damonandkami said...

I cant believe that Taylor is in Junior high!! Thats crazy!
Hey question! what photo shop do you use?!

Kim said...

Jr. High already, then before you know it they are in high school. Then you can abandon your good sense and embarrass them all you want.