Saturday, September 5, 2009

summer fish

I sooo wish I had taken video at the beginning of swim lessons so that I could show his progress. But it proved to be a bit tricky to hold a camera and attempt to pry a screaming boy off of my leg and then throw him in the pool. It went that well. It went that way for at least a week and gradually improved. By his next session he was almost jumping to his teacher on his own (which he would do at home). We loved Miss Shelley. She's getting him all ready for the Special Olympics - which he can start at age 8. Won't that be fun!?

Anyway, now Gabriel is one of the happiest little swimming fish around. He still struggles to take a breath on his own, but can hold his breath a shockingly long amount of time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is totally AWESOME!

jfbast said...

that is seriously awesome. way to go gabriel!

Kim said...

What an awesome little swimmer! Love the underwater video too, way cool!