Lately, Gabriel's been on the go. Last week, on his day off, he fell asleep watching t.v. - before lunch even.
Three afternoons a week, he gets on the bus and goes to school. This school is primarily made up of kids with delays. I love this school and all the teachers, they're fantastic. Two of these days Gabriel also spends the mornings at a neighborhood pre-school. I felt it was important that Gabriel also spend some time with his typical peers - he learns so much just by watching. On these two days, I pick him up from the neighborhood school, we have just enough time to eat lunch, and then we head outside and wait for the bus. It's a 9 to 4 day, people!
I worry that it's too much (he's only a pre-schooler after all), but he's getting through with ease. It's probably due to the fact that a) he's having so dang much fun and b) he is so loved by each and every one of his teachers and he knows it!
This is year two at the special pre-school with the same teacher. I can't stop in without hearing that someone wants to take him home. The neighborhood school has been equally loving and accepting. I was hesitant to ask the teachers if they would take him into their class. But not only did they accept him, they've responded only with enthusiasm. Seriously, how did we get so lucky? His teacher repeatedly tells me he's the highlight of her day - and the other teacher called the other night, just to tell me something cute he did in class!
How grateful I am for all these loving women who have the gift of teaching little children.


5 comments:
or course they do, what's not to love about your busy 'biel?
That's wonderful that you found such good teachers you can count on. And Faith's right, who wouldn't love him? That picture is just too precious - I love it.
Sorry to blog stalk but it was such a great post I just had to comment. I am really in awe at what a wonderful mom you are. Thanks for being such a great example to us all.
kj - i'm so happy you popped over. thank you for the lovely compliment. you are welcome to stalk me any time... especially when the post is about YOU!!! (btw, i would have included your picture, but your eyes were closed, just as you predicted) :)
Yay for great teachers! That is such a sweet picture.
Post a Comment