Tuesday, December 16, 2008

de-grinching - part 3

DSC00079How could I forget this? Gabriel's cute pre-school class went to visit Santa at the mall. Here they are patiently waiting in the Santa line. See? I told you. Cute. You can see why this helps my Grinch heart to grow a bit.


I love pre-schoolers. They are genuinely happy to see each other. As soon as one is recognized they get excited and wave and say, 'Ooh! There's [insert name of any classmate]!' They are each like rock stars, that's how great it is to see them.


DSC00083-1I realized that this may have been the only time I've taken Gabriel to see Santa. Bad mom! He was quite anxious to see St. Nick, and actually cut in line several times. It seems though, that he was mostly there for the photo op, since as soon as the camera flashed, he stiffened up and hopped down, waving goodbye. No need to drag things out.


We ended our field trip on the carousel. Not my favorite. But this wasn't about me and my issues with motion, it was about a boy, his hand picked tiger, and a goofy/giddy giggle.

(By the way, when Gabriel watches this video of himself, he exclaims "Happy!!" LOVE it.)

No comments: