Gabriel recently participated in not one, but two preschool graduation ceremonies. One from the pre-school primarily for students with delays that he has attended since he was 3, and the other is a neighborhood pre-school he’s been attending this year. He’s been busy, for sure.
The ceremonies were fabulous - short and darling, but bitter-sweet for mommy. Is it normal to be so emotional at a pre-school graduation? It was touching to hear all of his teachers say such lovely things about Gabriel and his contributions to the class during the ceremonies.
I have such love for all these women and their gift for teaching. Their love for my child is so evident and I’m truly grateful for it. Next year he’s off to kindergarten. A move that I’m less than excited for. I’m resistant to change, you see, and my unfamiliarity with his next teacher gives me some anxiety. I don’t see how we could possibly top these pre-school teachers – they’ve set the bar mighty high.
Gabriel was distracted by the video camera, the babbling baby, his parents, and sometimes his classmates. But, he stayed seated. During his musical numbers, he wasn't quite up to speed with the words or gestures, but got most of them in eventually. He was really quite darling and excited to be spotlighted.
Happy graduation!! On to kindergarten...


3 comments:
were you crying again when you wrote this? don't lie.
no, i was absolutely NOT crying when i wrote this. but i did give myself 10 days before i wrote about it for that reason. i don't want to sound glum. it's progress and it makes me (mostly) happy. :) no lie.
SO cute! Is K freaking you out?? abbie seems so much older that him and yet its freaking me out!
Post a Comment