Friday, October 26, 2007

the farm

We finally made our way to the farm! The kids were so excited, and it worked out that they even got to meet up with their cousins Hayden, Jonah, Isaak and Ethan.

I was hoping I would go and take some exceptional pictures of the kids in the pumpkin patch, but there was no such luck. We got there as the sun was going down, which made the pictures dark, and the kids were all running every which way and I couldn't keep up with the madness. So, these are the pictures we are left with.








After our failed photo op, we had some dinner and then made our way to the kiddie rides.

Paige, Hayden, Taylor & Mommy rode the roller coaster, which was surprisingly more adventurous than I expected and left me with a bit of a crick in my neck. But the kids loved it and Taylor even rode with no hands.

We rode the big swing ride, the carousel, the planes..... all of them, really. Daddy rode the bee ride with Gabriel (although, their bee mysteriously never did take flight - is there a max. weight limit?) while I got in a bit of excercise pedaling racing tricycles with Taylor - he kicked my booty.

At the end of the evening got to wait in a brief 40 minute line for the train. That was so much fun with 7 tired children, but was made tolerable with lots of kettle corn. Every time the train would leave and we weren't on it, Jonah would exclaim sadly, "Aw no, we missed the twain again!". Lucky for us, the train turns into a haunted train ride at night, and all of the zombies and scary guys screaming and reaching out to us perked the kids right up (okay, some were less than thrilled). Gabriel didn't seem to mind though, he would just reach out to them and scream back.

After that, it was closing time and we got to see the fireworks - which were much better than the ones we got to see on the 4th of July.

Everyone was more than ready to end the evening, and this is what we got within 3 minutes of getting on the road...

3 comments:

shamers said...

fun and exhausting -- the best kind of pumpkin day!

Tanya Leigh said...

Rachel! How did I miss my invite? Grandma just forwarded your blog to me. It's so CUTE! You sound like a pro, and I am going to LOVE keeping up with you this way!

*Gabriel's laundry help is SO cute! Why are we so surprised that they recognize our clothes? Just goes to show they're watching EVERYTHING!

Jaime said...

Gabriel is too cute. I am new to the world of down syndrome. About a month ago we got the a prenatal diagnosis for our son.

jaimeharman.blogspot.com