As expected, Taylor received excellent marks.

He's always been a good student - he enjoys school and he's self-motivated. Taylor always aces his spelling tests with little studying, things seem to come easy. He's always checking out non-fiction books and memorizing the facts from the book -whether it be about a war or a book on airplanes - and passing the reading tests with flying colors. All the teachers love him and his teacher last year told us he wished all the students were like him.
The teachers say he participates in class and offers to help others understand something they may not be getting. This surprises me a little only because initially he seems so quiet.
I hope he continues to love learning, and doesn't let anyone convince him that it's uncool to be smart or that there are better things to do.
Paige, though, was a surprise.

She did great!!! Her teacher gave her rave reviews and great marks. Ms. H says she's understanding all the new concepts - even subtraction (which I guess has been tricky for the class). She's friendly and kind to others and offers to help and share.
This is only surprising to me because when she first entered 1st grade, I thought she would be more interested in being social than in actually learning. I even go in every other week to work in her class so I can spy on her and see if she's talking too much. So far the only thing she's done out of turn is jump out of her chair when I walk in and give me a hug. I admit, I was a gabber in school and I guess I worried that she would be the same. Everywhere we go, she befriends someone new. She has no problem making friends.
I suppose she can be brainy and a social butterfly.
Anyway, I'm very pleased with my two little brainiacs. We're going to celebrate by going to Schnepf Farms!


2 comments:
great job, all you kids. (and parents, too, i guess.) we are very impressed, but we always knew you were smarties!
I am proud of those kids, must get their smarts from somewhere??????
Post a Comment