Monday, November 26, 2007

sick sick sick

This weekend our home has become a regular sick bay. Gabriel started us off with round the clock vomitting on Thanksgiving night. Our usual little destroyer didn't want anything other than cuddles and a designated barf bowl for 3 straight days. Sunday night his old self finally started to make an appearance and he was able to eat some delicious cold cereal.

Unfortunately, Paige came down with the same thing Saturday night. Now, I don't want any of my children to be sick, but if I had my pick, I would choose Paige. She's an excellent patient and quite a trooper - no complaining, basically takes care of herself and occasionally asks for a snuggle. After one surprise attack while sleeping - which led to a messy sleeping bag in mommy's room - she just took herself to the bathroom and held back her own hair time and time again throughout the night. She's still a tad touchy today, but this afternoon she's wanting to eat everything she can, so it looks like she's coming around.

I'm just looking forward to getting off the couch where I've sat with my kids for an eternity and not changing the linens 3 times a day. And I'm ignoring the fact that my own belly is not quite 100 percent right now.

Today Paige wrote a story that sums up our feelings about being sick:

1 comment:

jfbast said...

Doesn't sound like ya'll are having much fun, as Paige put it so eloquently.