Recently, I've been in better contact with my family. I owe it all to blogging. Most of us live in the same general area, but we get busy with our families and life in general and it's hard to keep up. Now, in the middle of the night if I wish, I can pop onto their blogs and read about the latest things one of their kids did. I can even make a wise comment if I so desire. It's been good to catch up.
We finally decided that we should have a mini cousins reunion so our kids could become familiar with one another. We had a pool party. Well, I remember those reunions that my parents would make me go to, and I didn't know anyone. It's kind of the same concept as a junior high dance where all the girls are on one side, and boys on the other. The kids who see each other all the time hung out together on one side of the pool, while the other kids played at the other end. Awkward. It didn't last long though, and eventually, someone would cross the enemy line and mingle. But really, how could they not have a blast in such a great pool?
We're just going to have to make it a tradition to avoid the awkwardness. (Hopefully, we'll see all of you there next time!)![]()


3 comments:
we're sad we missed it. is it next time yet?
Hey, Faith missed it too? Okay - I don't feel SOOO bad now ;) We would like to know if it's possible to plan the "next time" in September? :o)
Yay, more pictures. My photographer is fired.
Love the Jr High analogy, takes me back to the 80's and holding up the wall on the girls side.
We'll definitely have to do something again soon!
Post a Comment