Thursday, August 21, 2008

my scout

I've been sort of anti-blogging this week, so I'll do a little catching up.

DSC00008Last Friday, Taylor had his first overnight camp out with the scouts. He made out his list of things to take and with a little help from his mom and dad, did a good job of packing. Todd let him know he would be made fun of if he packed a toothbrush, and I threatened him if he didn't. When we dropped him off at the church, Todd tried his best to embarrass Taylor by loudly declaring, "Bye, Taylor!! Have a great time! I LOVE YOU!" Taylor was unimpressed, but didn't seem to mind and managed a wave goodbye. He didn't even care that I gave him a kiss in front of everybody. (That's my boy!)

He says he was one of two boys that went to bed when they were told to, because he was so tired. We are a family that appreciates a good nights sleep. Taylor says he rocked the 5 mile hike. He came home tired and in desperate need of a shower. Guess we just crossed another 'first' off his list. Ah, man.

2 comments:

jfbast said...

heckled for bringing a toothbrush?! man, kids are tough.

Kim said...

Most importantly, did he remember his loofah? That's number one on our scout list.