It's been some time since we had a complete girls' night out. Celebrating my grandma's birthday seemed to be a perfect time to get the gang together. My grandma, mom, 3 sisters and I made a Christmas-y night of it. We started off with a little Joe's B-b-q. I provided the cake (meaning: I bought it from Joe's bbq) and we sang a quiet happy birthday to both Grandma and Mara, who celebrate just days apart. Even minus candles, the cake was yummy.
From there we went to see A Christmas Carol. I thought it was very un-procrastinating of me to think ahead and get us great seats. Turns out I was really thinking ahead. To December of 2009. When I got to will-call and my tickets weren't there for me, it was discovered I purchased them for the wrong year! Who knew they sold tickets for shows so far in advance? I don't know what I'm doing next week, let alone next year! Lucky for us, they fit us in to some house seats that they reserve for emergencies. {Saved my embarrassed behind.}
Outside, they had [small] faux snow machine. Sara and I shoved our way through the children already playing in it for a photo op via Faith's iphone. Good times are had when you revert back to being 12 years old and stop all traffic coming out of the theater when the iphone fails to be a quick alternative to a camera. It was 'snowing', baby!
Unfortunately, I forgot my camera (gasp!) and didn't get any shots of the birthday girls. But it was a giggly-gossipy good time and helped bring some Christmas cheer to the season. I look forward to the next girls' night out.


1 comment:
Clearly I missed out on the best part!! Cute Pic of you and Sara! It was a nice night out... I'm glad we didn't have to wait until next year!!
Post a Comment