Sunday, November 11, 2007

12 step program

Hi. My name is Rachel. And I'm a blogaholic.

There. I admitted it. That's the first step, right?

How could I not, when my family is suffering so?

I needed to take this step so that it might give me some accountability. This is my laundry room.





I'm not proud. In fact I am ashamed. As terrifying as this picture is, I don't think the picture shows the full depth of what I've got to deal with. Some piles are clean clothes - some folded and ready to be put in their rightful place, some need ironing, some need to be dry cleaned, and the rest are obviously dirty.

My children need clean underwear and socks that they don't need to go digging for in the clean laundry basket.

Oh, how I hate the laundry! It never does itself, it's there - looming - every day of my life. On occasion, I've had all of it done at once. But that feeling of accomplishment is fleeting. I've got 1 husband with work clothes and lounge clothes; me with my lounge clothes, workout clothes and regular clothes; and 3 children - 1 who lives in dirt and another who thinks it's necessary to change at least 2-3 times daily PLUS invite her friends to try on and change several times with her. Oh, and pjs too.

I figured if I posted this admission, it just might motivate me to know that there are at least 3 people out there that are holding me to this promise:

I will get my laundry room in order by this time next week!!


I do think that it will take more than 12 steps though.

4 comments:

shamers said...

gross. what kind of mother are you? i can't remember the last time something was dirty in my house. my baby even washes her own clothes at the end of the day so everything will be nice and clean when she wakes up. and she never spills prunes, applesauce, or (tonight) chili on herself, either. i don't know how you live like that.
and i would NEVER post a photo of any room in my house except maybe sometimes the front room. and even that is kind of shameful.

jfbast said...

C'mon. it won't take you a whole week. want me to come over and help you clean it? since like mookie, my house is immaculate. actually, it's amazing what we might do for some adult conversation during the day.

Tanya Leigh said...

Amen to that, Faith :) I cannot tell you how excited I am to be around family again! - Rachel, you rock! Let me know if this post helps you - I need some major motivation for our twin problem. :P (only we have no washer, & to save money, we drape our clean/wet clothes all over our house to let them dry :S heaven help us.)

Elliot Crosby said...

I cant tell if I am looking at Rachels laundry room or Sara's. They must come by it naturaly.