Friday, November 16, 2007

friday flashback

Pilgrim Paige after a Thanksgiving pre-school activity 2 years ago.


My Grandma has been hanging on to this since 1986 and she recently sent it over to me.



THANKSGIVING

T hanksgiving comes but once a year.
H ow we look forward to the big day !
A nd it's off to our grandparent's house we go.
N early all of our family will show,
K nowing that grandma's dinner will be on the way.
S itting down to the table, I catch grandma's eye and ---
G iving me a wink, she brings out the turkey,
I nviting all to come to the table to take their places.
V egetables are passed, and the children make faces.
I ce cream and pie is all they can see.
N ow filled with dinner and out we all go,
G iving hugs and kisses as it starts to snow.


Rachel
November 21, 1986
I know.... my talent for writing, even at a young age, was brilliant... try to catch your breath.

2 comments:

shamers said...

wow. that moved me to tears. you may have missed your calling!

jfbast said...

I see you were writing about a vivid actual memory as we are always plagued with snow on thanksgiving:P