It started off early. I'm sort of a wanna-be runner. So for the past 4 years on Thanksgiving morning, I participate in the Turkey Trot 10K. Super. Fun. This year I hadn't been running long distances too much prior to the run which is usually preferable. Usually my motivation during the run is watching the much older or heavier folks kicking my butt and thinking "If they can finish, so can I." My sister-in-law Sommer joined me this year and we had no delusions of being the winner - our only goal was to finish and jog the whole way. Around mile 2.5 my old woman knee started acting up and I had to do some walking and sent Sommer on ahead.
Todd was a good sport and came out with the family in tow to take some pictures.
Here we are before the race. Full of all sorts of energy.



This is after about 2.5 miles. A little less enthusiastic. I mostly wanted to jog back to the car.
Here's Sommer at the finish line. Hooray!

I swear, I'm right behind her by about 1.5 minutes. Wouldn't you know that the camera would run out of battery as I finish? Seriously. I am delighted though that I finished. I'm one sore gal today.
Todd was a good sport and came out with the family in tow to take some pictures.
Here we are before the race. Full of all sorts of energy.
This is after about 2.5 miles. A little less enthusiastic. I mostly wanted to jog back to the car.
Here's Sommer at the finish line. Hooray!
I swear, I'm right behind her by about 1.5 minutes. Wouldn't you know that the camera would run out of battery as I finish? Seriously. I am delighted though that I finished. I'm one sore gal today.
******************************************
Thanksgiving dinner was at the Yancey home again this year. There was more than enough food to fill our bellies and then some.
Grandma and Grandpa live on an acre and have the perfect backyard for all the grand kids to have fun in - and they all love to be there with their cousins. They made it especially fun for the kids to be entertained that day: there was a 



2 comments:
The kids must have eaten a lot of turkey and burned off all their energy to sit so still for the photo. I like the picture of the backyard with grandma/pa watching over everyone.
i love that you're in summer clothes. man, i miss az. when i turned on the news this morning at 10 it was finally 32 degrees.
Post a Comment