Do you feel intimidated by this group of hoodlums?
These boys get together several times a week to have airsoft wars in the neighborhood water retention area. Decked out head to toe in their least visible attire, they combat the heat as well as each other. I'm not schooled in the correct language of 'war', but while I was there, they used the words "tactical" and played a game called "alien".
I don't love all activities to be about war, weapons and killing. It's my hope that this is just boy bonding and all in good fun. They are only 11 year olds after all, and a group of seemingly good kids. Again, I didn't grow up with brothers, or even boy cousins, so I don't know if this obsession with shooting and war games is a phase and is normal boy behavior. Taylor often tries to fill me in on the latest gear and tactics in the game, but it's all a foreign language to this mama.
It really did appear as though they were having good times. Funny how my request for the lawn to get mowed after 8 am or even turning off the tv to ride a bicycle is met with, "Don't you know how hot it is outside?" But any weather is good weather for airsoft wars.


5 comments:
They definitely look tough!
Isn't it amazing how they don't mind the heat for airsoft? Jake and his friends were really into airsoft for a couple years and they still play sometimes. I don't get how sweating to death and ending up with welts all over your body is fun, but I guess that's boys for ya.
I have no idea what airsoft is...oh, I am in for it. Dax does already go around killing us all with his finger guns and a sound like a gun (where does a 2 year old get it???) and he sword dances around the house all the time...I know where that one came from, Enchanted of all places, he's troll hunting!!! Boys are strange!!!
Its like a foreign language to me that I will never (have to) master.
Definitely a boy thing! LOL I don't really feel intimidated though! haha
Oh, how great is that! Yup, something about shooting & fishing trumps all other phobias and dislikes. At least they have good organizational skills putting it all together ;)
Post a Comment