Tuesday, May 5, 2009

12

Today my oldest baby turns 12 years old. 12 years old!! He made me a mother and it has forever changed me. I love this funny, tender-hearted, easy-going, smart boy.

Since this was an even numbered year, Taylor got to have a ‘friends’ birthday party (we don’t do parties every year after they turn 8). He fretted over what to do and eventually settled on, what else? - laser tag. When we looked into pricing, we found that they were having an upcoming special (1/2 off) and decided to have the party a week earlier than planned.

Todd loaded all the boys and they enjoyed unlimited games. I met them there with pizza and pop and we ate in the parking lot. A little bit on the trashy side, but they didn’t seem to mind, or even notice. Boys are so easy to please. They went back to playing their games and we finished up at our house with Taylor’s fave frozen yogurt pie for dessert.

Seriously. The easiest party ever. They had so much fun, too. My new motto needs to be: the simpler the better. Who am I kidding? That’s always been my motto.

tay bday party

Happy Birthday to my boy!

5 comments:

jfbast said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR! Looks like they had fun!

HE requested yogurt pie?

Todd C. said...

Taylor is the best kid ever.
Boy did we score with this one.
(and the others)

shamers said...

um, no mention of your most awesomest friend?

oh by the way, happy birthday, tay-tay.

Rachel said...

yes, faith, he's been looking forward to the pie since i had mine. crazy, i know.

todd - i agree 100%

mook - you'll notice not even my dear husband's bday was mentioned, nor my sister. i thought of you all, just blog slacked.

Kim said...

You have a 12 year old! I guess I'm not the only old one now. ;)Looks like they had a blast! I love easy parties. Happy Birthday Taylor!