Tuesday, May 19, 2009

lunch

IMG_3567

This is a boy caught in the act.

  • Note:
  • ~The cereal bag and box on the floor in front of the still-opened refrigerator.
  • ~Cereal remnants on the counter.
  • ~Opened milk jug on the floor.
  • ~Guilty looking boy eating what he called lunch.

He did this ALL BY HIMSELF!!!

First, he started off by closing the door to the office. That way, I would have no idea what was going on on the outside*. He pushed the chair over to the pantry, unlocked it and grabbed his desired cereal. Also, either pushed the chair over to the cupboard for the bowl or fished it out of the dishwasher. He didn’t even spill the milk (thank goodness for mostly empty milk jugs). Then, he pushed the chair back to the table.

Next up, we’re going to have to work on closing that danged refrigerator!!


*I assure you, the neglect was minimal. I keep a good ear out, even while the door is closed - especially when it's been suspiciously closed. A boy has got to explore on his own sometimes - and it's best he's given an opportunity when it's done within the confines of his locked up, gated home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Hey I can attest to this boys quickness. He within seconds dashed today grabbed Zane's Seaworld camera and dumped it in the toilet. Zane upon my telling him the story said, "mom you are a terrible preschool teacher", which I replied, "no that kid is just extremely fast! :>

Rachel said...

oh no! did it ruin all his pictures?! gabriel will get zane a new camera. :)

you're a fabulous preschool teacher AND the kid is extremely fast.

The Girls' Mommy said...

I love it! I mostly love that he thought ahead to close the office door :)

jfbast said...

what are those, applejacks? can you blame him?

Tanya Leigh said...

Priceless.