
We spent our 4th of July weekend on the Oregon coast and had a fabulous time. We went with our good friends Branden and Amber and their 3 kids Kamarin, Parker and Everett. We rented a house not far from the beach and everyone got along better than I expected (not that I had low expectations, but they did exceedingly well).

I LOVE Oregon!! I'm a bit of a tree lover. Anyone who has been with me on a trip knows I'm always pointing out the trees. I think it gets annoying to some. I love the old ones that have been around forever and I start thinking of all the people that for centuries have been looking at the same tree. Branden shares my love of trees. He's more analytical about our fascination - sure that our introverted natures somehow draw us to trees and their surroundings, but I'll just stick to saying I think they're cool.

Our drive from Portland to the coast was beautiful. I have about 600 pictures to go through so I can post of our adventures, but for now I thought I'd post some pics of our drive to the coast.
I'd
love to live here (or at least know someone who does, and would let me visit often):


Rolling hills, trees, a farm. The barn is requisite - although I'm not at all sure what goes in it. I know very little about farm life and all the work involved, but it just looks peaceful to me.
Well, that's my first installment. Close to a gazillion pictures to come...
8 comments:
Ahhhh.....of course, TREES! Who else would blog about trees...Rachel! And I am not surprised.
It really does look beautiful! Can't wait to hear (and see) more about it. Welcome back.
Hey Rachel!
It's your cousin Kim. I love your blog! It's so cute and I absolutely love your photos. Gorgeous! Your kids are getting so big. Time flies.
Oregon is so beautiful, I'm sure it was a fabulous vacation. Loren is originally from around that area and has always wanted to move back.
P.S. Waving 'hi' to Mara, Faith and Sara too.
Cousin Kim! Hi, you found me! Now where's your blog??
I don't think I knew that Loren was from there --- what the heck are you guys doing here?? That's what Todd and I kept asking ourselves over and over...
Loren wants to know why the heck we're still here in this hot desert too. We must be crazy.
Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite to my blog. Be warned though, it's not nearly as cute as yours.
hey rachel, i'd me more than happy to take one for the team and move to oregon.
i like branden's tree theory too.
p.s. hey KIM, i want an invite! me! me! i want one! [please?]
faith - let's go. i know sara's all for it. so were the hoopes.
p.s. that's some good beggin'
Hi Faith-
Who could pass up that request? ;-) The invite is on it's way.
Post a Comment