Monday, May 19, 2008

farewell to spring

Okay, it's official. Goodbye spring, summer is taking over. Here's a peek at what we have to look forward to here in Phoenix this week:

Jealous? And if you live here, you feel my pain, right?

ONE. OH. NINE. Today we had a heat advisory in effect all day... just in case we didn't notice we're melting. It's only the beginning...

We beat the heat by having a mini pool party at our house. Todd is preparing for an upcoming scuba trip and needed to test out his gear. So he rented a tank and brought it home so our kids, cousins and friends could give it a whirl as well. Good stuff. Gabriel spent the majority of the time walking the perimeter of the pool, finding items to throw in. Miss Paige got to sport her awesome earplug-holder headband. I barely got any pics of Taylor cause he was all over the place. The pool has not yet reached 85 degrees, thus I opted out, choosing only to take pictures and fix goggles. Everyone had a splish-splashin' good time to spite the heat. I say, summer, bring. it. on.

3 comments:

The Girls' Mommy said...

109?!? Um, its 55 here...

jfbast said...

yeah, i noticed the melting despite any advisory. thanks for inviting us to your pool party :( not that I would have swam. i only swim in bath water temperatures.

shamers said...

we'll be there next time!