Monday, October 6, 2008

welcoming fall

IMG_0124backyard movieOctober is here! To celebrate, we had a party. We kicked it off with a little chili and cornbread. I made popcorn ball jack-o-lantern treats - they didn't turn out as flawless as I intended (I'm no Martha Stewart), but they were gobbled up all the same.

The kids ran around as we waited for dark. Taylor appointed himself drill sergeant for a bit and the kids did sit ups, drills and obstacle courses. Everyone brought their own pillows and blankets and watched a Halloween themed movie outside, Corpse Bride. Everyone had a great time. I was surprised that, for the most part, the kids stayed put to enjoy the movie. Although, towards the end, Gabriel, Issak and Ethan opted to bounce on the trampoline instead.

Hooray for the outdoors! Bring on the holidays...

9 comments:

Kim said...

How fun! You guys always do the coolest things. Yay for fall, I can't wait for cooler weather!

Mara said...

"yay for fall", think kim might have visited my little blog! ;)

Was super fun!
..... yep, pic looks familiar!!

Amanda Kristeen said...

That's so fun Rachel! I love that Taylor had the kids doing sit-ups. Awesome.
P.S. your treats look fantastic.

Dewitt's said...

It was a fun night, and the weather really couldn't of been any better! Thanks for hosting the fun movie night!

The Girls' Mommy said...

It was 42 here this morning...a very cold 42. Enjoy your fall.

jfbast said...

thanks for the party, rachel! can we do it again next year [or next week]?

shamers said...

oh man, i didn't get my invitation!

paige-ee said...

julia - holy cow, 42 degrees. i love it when i can remember why i live in arizona.

faith - we'll totally have a (scaled-down) repeat very soon.

mookie - come play with us ANY TIME! no invitations necessary.

Rachel said...

oh, that wasn't paige... but i guess you already knew that.